The Pilots - Interesting facts
The musical “Pilots” summed up in numbers:
- The show has been seen by more than 427,000 people
- 1,500 kg – the weight of the stairs leading to the Moulin Rouge stage
- 427 – the number of times Jan has proposed to Nina on the Roma Theatre stage
- 145 – the running time of the musical “Pilots”, in minutes
- 123 – the number of pages in the libretto
- 73 – how many performers make up the whole cast of the musical
- 21 – the number of musicians in the orchestra for the musical “Pilots”
- 7 – how many boys have played the role of Wojtek
- ROMA Musical Theatre uses the largest LED screens found in any Polish theatre. The horizontal screen (fixed) measures 16 x 10 m, while the four smaller screens (installed on movable platforms) measure 3 x 7 m.
- A total of almost 500 costumes have been made for the show
- The musical “Pilots” required the construction of the largest double trapdoor in the history of ROMA Musical Theatre (8 x 1.8 m)
- For the first time in the history of ROMA Musical Theatre, half a year before the premiere a promotional video clip was made featuring one of the songs from the show (the duet “Don’t Promise Anything” by Zofia Nowakowska and Jan Traczyk), directed by Sebastian Gonciarz. Even before the musical’s premiere, the clip had been viewed almost 200,000 times on YouTube (and it currently has over 1 million views).
- During the 2017/18 season, the musical “Pilots” was performed on the stage of ROMA Musical Theatre 223 times (with additional pre-premiere performances)
- On 31 December 2017, a double-album CD was released with music from the show and in less than 8 months it had achieved Gold Disc status. Selected songs from the musical were also released on a vinyl record.
- Over 600 people attended the casting for the show at the end of 2016. There were 3 stages of auditions, lasting 10 days in total, and in the end 68 people were invited to join the cast.